If you would like us to provide a review for your book please read the following Review Policy.
Positive Amazon reviews affect e-book sales more than nearly any other factor. Therefore, we only post our positive book reviews to Amazon.
In addition to our review, we will give an honest rating of your book based on the following criteria:
- Your book has a great story and memorable characters, and does not have anything that detracts from the story (such as poor grammar). Around 85% of our reviews are 5-stars!
- Your book has a good story, decent character development, and may have a few grammatical errors that do not overall distract from the story. (Around 10%)
- Your book was difficult to follow, had unrelatable characters, had an uninteresting storyline and/or had many grammatical errors. (Around 5%)
- If we find your book so uninteresting or unreadable that it only qualifies for 2 stars, it isn’t a book we would even finish reading. And if we don’t complete a book we won’t post a review of it, so no worries about getting a negative review.
- Again, don’t worry. Like a 2-star book, we won’t post a review of a book that we do not finish reading.
Due to our To-Be-Read queue, we currently have about a 3 month wait-time before your book will be completed and a review posted to Amazon. If you would like us to email you back when your review has been posted, please mention that in your initial submission email.
We prefer Young Adult/Teen books, but will also accept Middle Grade, New Adult, and occasionally even Adult books. We like to promote PG/PG13 books and will not read books with overly explicit content. While we will consider any genre, we prefer:
- Time Travel
- Science Fiction
- .MOBI (Kindle) is our preferred format
- .EPUB is fine also
- .DOC is alright, but not preferred
- .PDF is acceptable too, but we are less likely to select your book in this format
We welcome indie and self-published authors to submit your book for review by YA Reviewers. You have two options for submitting your book:
- OPTION 1: Keep it simple… feel free to just send us your book. We will read the first couple of chapters and if it doesn’t interest us we will delete the file you sent us. But if we like your book then we will post a review as soon as we finish reading it !
- OPTION 2: If you prefer, you can send us just the first one or two chapters of your book (or about 20-30 pages), which we will read in order to decide if we wish to complete and review your book. Without at least a 20 pages of your book to preview, we will not consider your book for review. If we decide that we will read and review your book, we will email you back to let you know that we accepted your book for review and you can send us the entire book for review at that time.
When emailing your book, please follow this email template:
- RECIPIENT: Send book review requests to YAReviewers@Gmail.com
- SUBJECT LINE: Book Title – Author Name
- EMAIL CONTENT: Book Summary/Excerpt. Also include a link to your book on Amazon along with any other pertinent information.
- ATTACHMENT: Include your book (or the first chapters thereof) as an attachment.